Arts and Crafts Market Terms and Conditions
Things Very Special, Inc. hosts a monthly Arts and Crafts Market. We celebrate the handmade in Jacksonville makers.
As a smaller, local market, we do not have the resources that many larger markets have. We keep our Vendor Fees low due to the involvement of our Vendors. Our Vendors take active roles in social media and e mail marketing to bring their clients to the market. While Things Very Special, Inc. utilized all vendor fees in advertising on Facebook, Instagram, E mail, and flyers to local businesses, the success of our markets have been involvement of our Vendors promoting the market.
All applicable information to Approved Vendors is communicated through our dedicated Facebook Group. Vendors are responsible for joining, and will be linked to the group upon acceptance. E mail communications are limited.
- Handmade Items with a strong social media in promotion of events will be given top priority in acceptance.
- Tent’s must have a minimum of 40 lbs per leg. No exceptions will be made. This ensures the safety and security of attendants and other vendors
- There is no application fee. Vendor’s spot is secured only upon application approval and vendor fee’s. Vendor Fee's are due within 48 hours of invoicing.
- No Refunds will be issued
- All information and communication is done through our dedicated Facebook group. Vendor is solely responsible for joining the group. E mails and Phone Calls will be answered on a limited basis. (Please understand, Things Very Special, Inc. is a brick and mortar business that offers Markets as a benefit to both the community and Vendor.)
- Upon Acceptance, Vendor Fee's must be paid within 48 hours of invoicing. Failure to pay within the allotted time will result in forfeit of acceptance.
- Vendor must be completely set up 15 minutes prior to opening of the Market.
- The parking lot will be closed 30 minutes prior to opening of the Market. All vehicles must removed from the parking lot by this time.
- Due to limited space, once unloading is complete, please remove the vehicle from the parking lot.
- Vendor must be set up and selling for the entire duration of the market. Break down of spots will not be permitted until after that last guest leaves the property.
- Vendor is encouraged to utilize social media and e mail marketing to advertise the Market in advance.
- No Refunds will be issued. Should the Owners of the Property, Things Very Special, Inc., The City of Jacksonville or State of Florida issue a warning – weather or otherwise – that prevents the Market from operating, Vendor fees will be applied to the next available market.
- Set up will begin no earlier than 2 hours of Market start.
- A 10 foot x 10 foot space is provided. Vendor shall provide all applicable product, displays, tables, tents, etc. Things Very Special, Inc. does not supply anything other than a 10 foot by 10 foot space.
- Electricity, water, and WiFi are not available to outdoor vendors.
- Due to liability reasons, any tents must have a minimum of 40 lbs per leg. Unsecured tents will not be permitted at the market. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE! Vendor must supply all hardware necessary to properly secure their tent and product. Things Very Special, Inc. and the Property Owners reserve the right to refuse Vendors due to liability.
- Indoors spots will have limited availability to electricity and WiFi.
- Tables will be provided unless previously arranged, by Things Very Special, Inc. Display space is limited only to the table assigned. Large pieces of furniture will not be permitted as “displays.”
- Things Very Special, Inc. reserves the right to refuse any display items deemed incompatible with Vendor space assigned.
- Vendor is responsible for any linens, display props and any other materials needed other than a table.
- Vendor shall obtain all required permits, licenses or approvals and shall comply with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and ordinances applicable to their activities related to this Market. Vendor must furnish copies of all required permits, licenses or approvals for vending if requested by Things Very Special, Inc. Owners of the Property, or City and State Officials. Things Very Special, Inc. is not responsible for sales tax collected during events.
- Many events are scheduled to be open as a rain or shine event. No refunds will be issued for inclement weather.
I hereby agree that:
- I covenant not to sue or make any demand against the Releasees (Things Very Special, Inc and the Property Owners) for any Harm I may incur that arises out of or relates to the Market, and further release and forever discharge the Releasees from any and all claim, demand, or cause of action, in law or equity, known or unknown, fixed or contingent, under any theory whatsoever, that I may ever have against the Releasees that arises out of or relates to the Market.
- I will hold the Releasees harmless from any claim, demand, or cause of action, including one arising out of the Releasees’ own negligence, by whomever and wherever brought, that arises out of or is in any way related to the Market. And further, I will indemnify the Releasees for any monetary assessment or cost, including attorneys’ fees, imposed on or incurred by them as a result of any such claim, demand or cause of action, but only if due to my own negligence.